Maintaining Cambria is easy. Simply wash with a soft cotton cloth and warm water, and mild soap if desired.
DO NOT expose, in use or otherwise, Cambria to abrasive or strong alkaline or acid or free radicals or oxidizers or the like (whether high, neutral or low pH) cleaners. Various chemicals are corrosive and/or erosive in their ability to attack any structure including Cambria. Be very aware of these potential damages to your surface.
Cambria IS NOT heat proof, chemical proof or fracture proof in any form. Be aware of damaging exposure to these potential damaging acts upon your Cambria.
DO NOT use or expose Cambria to such products including, but not limited to bleach, oven cleaners, Comet®, Soft Scrub®, SOS®, products with pumice, batteries, paint removers, furniture strippers, tarnish or silver cleaners, or the like. DO NOT use abrasive or harsh scrub pads. DO NOT apply any sealers, penetrants or topical treatments to Cambria under any circumstances. Such products will wear off and cause the gloss to appear dull or inconsistent. Contact Cambria for further information by calling 1-866-Cambria or by completing the CUSTOMER SUPPORT FORM.
- Cambria is pure natural quartz. Variation in the natural stone (quartz) color, pattern, size, shape and shade are inherent and unique characteristics to be expected with this Product. This does not affect the Product performance in any manner.
- Color blotches are intended and designed into many designs to enhance the natural beauty. Samples are small select cuts from a slab; they do not exhibit all the characteristics of a design and therefore are not fully representative of what will be installed. Product will not be replaced due to these variations.
- Cambria is durable and more resistant to surface damage than other stone. However, all stone can be damaged by force and no stone is chip-proof. Objects hitting edges particularly at sinks or dishwashers may cause chips. Though a minor knife slip will dull the knife and not harm Cambria, no stone surface is scratch-proof. Surface markings are more visible on monotone designs than multi-colored surfaces.
- Cambria is not a seamless Product, seams are visible. Where there are seams the product pattern and shade can change.
- Natural stone surfaces can be damaged by sudden and/or rapid change of temperature especially near the edges, as well as direct and/or sustained heating of the top. Cambria may not withstand the direct transfer of heat from pots and pans and other cooking units such as electric frying pans and griddles, and some crockpots or roaster ovens and heat lamps. Therefore, the use of a hot pad or trivet is always recommended to prevent heating the Product.
- Cambria is not a structural support Product. 2cm and 3cm Cambria thicknesses are for countertops and must be supported. 1cm thicknesses are for surface finishes such as walls, tub and shower surrounds and fireplaces; horizontal applications such as a tub deck must be completely supported as well.
- Semi-polished finishes (1cm) will not shine and will soil and appear to stain from soiling.
- Cambria installation is optimized when walls and cabinets are properly prepared for installation. This includes but is not limited to structurally sound, straight, level and square walls and cabinets, lack of which may cause poor installation and poor seam fit, or inconsistent countertop overhang and placement.
- Cambria installation does not include qualification of any sink or stove cutouts (any cutouts), faucet hole locations or cabinet sizes. Cambria IS NOT responsible for verifying if sinks, stove or other cutout appliances, cabinets and faucet hole locations fit together well, or at all. This is the responsibility of the owner, general contractor, or the like. Cambria will fabricate cutouts per supplied model/template information. Cambria IS NOT responsible for the accuracy of the information provided.